When people hear the word Brokerage they think of stock trading, but that’s not what we’re discussing here. A Brokerage just means bringing people together to exchange information and develop relationships. You could even consider an online dating website to be a sort of brokerage.
Here are some examples of what an online brokerage can be.
- A forum where users share inventions and ideas with each other looking to collaborate on projects with others.
- A question and answer website where experts are available to answer people’s questions free, for a monthly subscription fee or pay by the minute.
- A website that brings people together to talk about entrepreneurism and startups. Where people can join startups that are looking for people and someone doing a startup can look for people to join.
- A jobs website is a sort of brokerage. It brings people together. Employers looking to hire and people looking for a job.
- Crowdfunding sites are brokerages as well, bringing people who want funding together with small investors looking for a solid investment.
- An online auction is another type of brokerage. Any other type of site that brings buyers and sellers together also qualifies.
I know it sounds difficult, but it really isn’t that hard to start your own brokerage with any of the above ideas or one of your own. Facilitating others to meet each other can be fun and rewarding, so if you want to give it a try and need help, contact us with this form.